Joint Improvised Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO)
The Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO) Operations research and Systems Analysis (ORSA) program provides operational decision making information to senior decision makers in a combat environment. The JIDO ORSA team members operate in an austere environment. JIDO ORSA team members are based with and assist major units in combat theaters. Most team members do not routinely travel off of major bases during the conduct of their duties. JIDO ORSA team members operate on 6 or 12 month rotations.
Program Overview. The ORSA Program deploys critical analytic support across Army, Marine, Air Force, Navy, DoD, Coalition and Intelligence Community Partner activities in Afghanistan. We provide support from the 4-Star headquarters to tactical units and at all the major combat outposts and forward operations bases.
BMA support includes:
- Producing quick-turn around analysis products, routine-trend assessments, and unit operation analysis, using Operations Research (OR) techniques.
- Facilitating reach-back analysis with the JIDO J-9 when required.
- Working with embedded staff, such as Law Enforcement personnel, Human Intelligence Teams, and data collectors.
- Assist in deployed JIDO initiative evaluation.
- Facilitating data transfer from theater to CONUS.
Essential Skills and Experience. Top Secret Security Clearance. Five years’ experience in Operations Research knowledge of ground forces mission types, force structure, war fighting concepts, Training Tactics and Procedures (TTPs), and doctrine. Five years of experience in drafting and making oral presentations to customers. Formalized training at a Service-accredited Operations Research (OR) course, such as the Army’s ORSA MAC I. Familiarity with SharePoint and portals and Reach-back analysis. Strong EXCEL spreadsheet experience (pivot tables, sorting, formulas, formatting, & QC of data.), and develop and present power point briefings. Helpful program knowledge but not required: ARCGIS, CIDNE, ARCGIS, SIPR, I2 Analyst Notebook.